A little about the Liebster Award, this award is to highlight blogs that inspire you. Giving back a bit of recognition for the hard work, inspiration and fun that each blogger shares. There are three
- Proudly display the Liebster Award on your site
- Share 11 little known facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator
Hmm, 11 little known facts…
1. I am a huge Bon Jovi fan. Several times, there have been moments of clarity while listening and rocking out to him.
2. I was the Secretary of the Star Trek Club in high school… Yes, I am a total TNG (The Next Generation) fan!
3. My favorite meal is a juicy burger and fries. Sometimes the simple pleasures are the easiest.
4. I love hiking and being outdoors.
5. My first “real” job was working in the forests of Oregon.
6. I am a big believer in adventures, stemming from the travels of my youth, being an exchange student, and watching goonies a few too many times.
7. I can play Super Mario Brothers 3 without losing 1 life. Favorite game of all time.
8. I am loyal to a fault to my favorites…
9. I drive a big orange truck & love it!
10. I am a stay at home mom to two, and treasure every moment.
11. I really am not a dog person, but I love my husband so much, we have a dog :)
The second part is to answer
11 questions directly from Caroline… and she has some good ones!
1. What gets those creative juices of yours flowing?
I tend to get bursts of inspiration and creativity after being outside. Whether walking along the beach, hiking in the woods, swinging at the park, being in nature helps my mind relax, and lets the creativity in.
2. What genre do you seem to fall into and why?
I fall into the middle grade fantasy genre, and I LOVE it! Fantasy is so fun to write. Allowing the reader to suspend belief, hope that good will triumph over evil, that Prince Charming is waiting around the corner, and that the only endings are happy ones.
3. Who is your favorite author/why?
Hands down, Dr. Seuss. He has the ability to enchant readers with his whimsy and fun as he tackles important issues and helps foster the joy of reading.
4. What well known story do you wish you had created?
Hmmm… there are so many good ones. I am happy having written the ones I have and the ones yet to come.
5. If you could spend an evening in the pub with an author of past or present who would It be?
I would have to say Shakespeare. I see him as having some great stories to share, or being able to create quite the commotion.
6. What famous quote makes you smile?
“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.”-Henry David Thoreau
7. If you could be an animal for a day what would you be and why?
I would be an eagle. The ability to soar above and feel the wind blowing through my feathers, is something I have always dreamed of. Living in the PNW, I have seen several Bald Eagles, and they have always mesmerized me.
8. What is the most creative lie you have told to spare the feelings of someone?
...I have to admit, I am not a great liar, and I tend not to do it if I can. Does telling my Kindergarten aged daughter that her striped pants look great with her flower shirt and pink socks count?
9. Tea or Coffee with milk or without?
Coffee, black. There is no other way…
10. The grape or the grain?
Not quite sure…
11. What is the best feeling in the world?
Besides the sweet snuggles of my kids, I would have to say the sensation of swinging. That feeling of suspension when you swing to the top of the swingset, before you fall back down.
To continue the fun, I nominate @ThomasRydder @AsherTensi @TinaTraverse1