1. A creepy creature greets you at the Gate. He can morph into any form he’d like. Do not be fooled by this trickster. They call him…Tunes.
2. The moon is not the one you are used to. It is a Disc Moon, one that shines a different color light onto the world below at each hour.
3. The sky above is actually the floor of another level of the Netherworld, where different civilizations thrive.
4. Step into the Valley of the Jem, a dark wild land that is steadily patrolled by the Jems, reaper-like woman that make sure that no supernatural creature escapes without permission, and that no non-supernatural creature enters. You can only make it through with the permission of a top-ranked angel.
5. Once you make it through the Valley of the Jem, (if you’ve made it this far) you will be greeted with a series of narrow staircases that leads to each level of the Netherworld. A golden palace sticks out against the backdrop of dark towers and buildings that house the nephilim population, the supernatural creatures of the Netherworld.
6. If you see a Scayor, a giant metallic creature that patrols the streets of the Netherworld cities, hide if possible. These creatures will cast their glow on you and read your soul. You cannot hide anything from a Scayor.
7. Bars ask you if you want blood or booze…they must cater to the carmia (blood substitute) drinking vampires and the other creatures, such as War-Breeders, who drink mead and ale.
8. Ghouls hang out in dark alleys in packs. Don’t worry though, you only have to fear the ones that can shift into other beasts.
9. The Ivory Tower stands out in the horizon. It is the most notorious prison in this world, housing dangerous supernatural prisoners.
10. Lastly, prepare for the grand Romanesque balls and fashion, these creatures know how to party, and would love to have you join in for one of the events at the Lyrinian palace. Just make sure you have an angel to protect you, or an enchanted sword…just in case.
About the Book - Dark Prophet (Book Two of the Chronicles of Koa)
Koa is a half-blood vampire with not only the ability to fly, but survive in the sun's light. She will do anything to protect her mother, and break her curse. The demon, Bund, wants more than her mother's life. He wants something from Koa, a power that she doesn't even know she has, and will rip through as many humans as he can to get her to surrender.
Agent Koa Ryeo-won, and her boss, Halston, formed a crew of supernatural agents to stop Bund. But is a prophet, a temptress, a War-Breeder, a half-blood with an enchanted sword, and a few angels enough to stop what Bund has planned?
In the midst of a war between the humans of the mortal world, and the creatures of the Netherworld, Koa discovers the truth of her past. She finds herself torn between two men, and in the center of everything. Faced with all of her returned memories, Koa also finds herself more powerful than ever. Being a half-blood is hard enough, but what exactly is Koa's other half?
The truth can save...or destroy everything.
Will the Netherworld Division stand behind Koa once they learn her secret?
Chapter 1 of K.N. Lee's young adult fantasy, Academia of the Beast!
Starting where the first book leaves off, you are immediately thrust into the action. Struggling with the memories of her past, Koa not only has to escape an army of Netherworld enemies, but also has to find a way to reconcile her feelings for her new and past love. When that army succeeds in breaking through to the human world, how far Koa will have to go to protect the world from the evil Vampire king and his demon?
If only Koa could focus on one things at a time. But nothing goes easy for her. Instead of just being able to focusing to save the world and free her mother from her curse, she must first come to grips with her emotions and decide which person holds her heart… and who can truly be trusted.
This is an action packed book that successfully adds and continues the story started in the first book, and leaves you hanging for more.
If you like vampires, romance, and action, this is the book for you.
Meet the Author - K.N.Lee
Her works include, The Chronicles of Koa: Netherworld, Dark Prophet, Wicked Webs, Empty Your Heart, and the paranormal collection of short stories, Thicker Than Blood. Her short fantasy story, The Last of the Jinn, is in the anthology, A World of Worlds and The Ticking Ring is in A World of Joy by ASMSG authors.
She lives with her two dogs, Raven and Loki.